I'm feeling almost as old as That Old House today --
I've still got my leg elevated for my knee (which I sprained on Sunday evening). It is getting better -- yay! -- but I've got some enforced inactivity -- and no computer to enjoy it with.
********************************************
My not-so-trusty desktop went kaput on Monday, and is back at the Mothership being probed and prodded and hopefully fixed. This is the 2nd time in it's 15-month life that it has done this. Not encouraging.
I am reduced to using a laptop.
I loathe laptops. They are capricious wee demons which delight in random pranks and inexplicable actions; this laptop has already deleted most of this post 3 times, moved parts of sentences willy-nilly to other paragraphs, and turned all the type orange, so I am going to try and finish this up, and then hobble as far away as I can.
Because this is not my laptop (thank goodness for small favors!), and because this particular wee demon is supposed to be used for business and not for playing Blog Lady, I can't put up any pictures.
No pictures. Oh, the horror! I received a box in the mail yesterday from my mother in law of vintage table linens and they are gorgeous . . . but you are going to have to take my word for it!
Because I have no pictures for you!
***********************************************
Do you know what I tried to do with this laptop?
I put it on a table and pretended it was a real computer, but for some reason, the mouse would not work.
Then I figured out why. . . .
I was using my cell phone -- rubbing it all over the table, trying to make the little arrow move on the screen.
Please, I beg you, don't tell my kids. They have already seen me try and change channels on the TV with the cordless phone.
Howard said he would get me a laptop for my birthday, which is tomorrow. I took that as a threat. I sincerely hope he was kidding. -- Cass
0 Comments:
Post a Comment