This is a simple, healthy and deliciously creamy soup that hits the spot in these last few weeks of winter (who am I kidding...I live in Canada...it will be months until we see green grass again). I highly recommend making up a batch of this for lunch this week. You'll be glad you did :)
What you'll need:
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Onion
1 large Leek, chopped into ½” pieces
4 cups Yellow Potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½” pieces
1 cup Fat-Free Chicken Broth
1 2/3 cups 1% milk (or skim)
Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
To cut the leeks, chop off the root and the green tops, peeling off any layers that are blemished. Leeks hold a lot of sand in them, so it will be easier to chop them up and then wash them.
Slice the leek in half lengthwise.
Simmer until the soup reaches your desired consistency.
I like to grind even more fresh pepper on top :)
Nutritional Information
Printable Version
0 Comments:
Post a Comment