There were also big boards full of pictures from different parts of Irene's life, but one thing is for sure she is always smiling :)
She also used to have her own sewing store in Port Credit, and she still sews up a storm. I know for a fact that right now she is working on a gorgeous quilt for her future great grandchild.
One of my favorite parts of looking at old photos is seeing all the different outfits from every era. Just look at that plaid dress! Can you imagine dancing around with that much fabric? Her dress even matches her husband's shirt. Although I don't remember my Great Uncle Cecil, I love hearing Irene's stories about the man she shared her life with for so many years. He was my Grandpa's only brother, and they survived not only fighting in World War II, but also growing up with five sisters!
There were also lots of pictures of the family over the years. She that bare-butt babe up there in the middle?
Why that is none other than Lauren! I kept teasing her that we're going to put it up on Facebook and tag her.
Here is the gorgeous cake that my aunts' picked. Everything about this just screams "IRENE"!
...from the little spool and needle....
...to her award-winning quilts!
And for candles, nothing can sum up Irene better than "Young At ♥"!
I think that she was quite tickled about her whole birthday celebration. During her thank you speech at dinner, she even said, "lets get started planning this again for next year!" Even my Grandpa (on the left) looks really excited about that idea. More cake!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment