Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Year In Review, at That Old House

Why does every year seem to zip by faster than the year before?

I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for her A Year In Review Blog Party.
Click here to see other bloggers' favorite photos from the year past.



With uncharacteristic restraint, I chose just one picture from each month.
There's no theme, and these pictures aren't necessarily the prettiest.
I just like them, so I put them in one mosaic to make it easy on me, and you!
(Click on the mosaic to enlarge it and make it easier to see.)


January -- Ice-coated conservatory windows.
February -- Wide plank floors in the Parlor.
March -- My mom and dad, on her 88th birthday.
April -- The word "Hunger" scratched into a cellar wall.
May -- That Old House in Memorial Day finery.
June -- A simple cheese and tomato pie.
July -- A Pink Gladiolus!
August -- Mr. Dion DiPoochy, doggie extraordinaire.
September -- Our grapes, fast ripening.
October -- A silly Jack O'Lantern by the Parlor fireplace.
November -- Vintage silver serving pieces.
December -- Our front door, decked in pine and ribbon for Christmas.

******************************************************************

There's so much missing from this brief year in review: my husband, our daughters, our dear Connie dog who left us in May of '09, and the rooms and grounds of That Old House that have been a constant source of blogging material for me, to name just a few.

I am posting this at past 2:30 in the morning, too soon to even link to Cindy's party. I am up late -- very late -- waiting for my daughter Alida to wake at 3:00. She is catching a very early plane back to southern California and I don't want to be asleep when she leaves. She probably won't be home for a visit until the summer.

So one more picture -- a special memory from 2009 -- my daughters, Alida and Anne, on their sisters-only trip to London following Anne's college graduation. The girls are 17 months apart in age, and now living 3000 miles apart. Growing up is tough.

There are so many blessings in my life.
Thanks be to God, for this gift of 2009, and the new year to come.
-- Cass

0 Comments: