Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Confessions of a Weihnachtsbaum Junkie

I confess: I am addicted to Christmas Trees.

No other holiday bling is as mesmerizing as a Christmas tree.

I even put a tiny tree, a gift from my daughter Anne, at the side of my kitchen sink:

The card stock backsplash is temporary while we slowly remodel the kitchen!

In our powder room, a wee Santa Claus tree greets visitors.
(Get it? Wee? I crack myself up.)


In our front hallway, a tabletop tree, decorated by Anne for a past dorm room:


In the dining room, a spiral tree in the middle of the bay windows.
No ornaments, just lights.

At the front entry, a small tree with lots of red balls and
red gilded apples,and glass Santas and Snowmen, by day:

And by night:

Turn around from the front door, and look up the center hall stairs,
where a topiary tree stands sentry outside Annie's sleeping room:

My feather tree, from Winterthur's Museum Shop, is on top of the old pie safe in the sunroom:

I have to edit the ornaments for the feather tree, or it tips over.
I just love collecting the mini decorations.
It's so cute and so much fun. You should have one, yes... you should!

Our girls' tabletop tree, in the study, by night:

And by day:


In the Parlor, a tall artificial tree holds court. Night, and day, pictures:


Yeah, Christmas trees sure do look better at night.
Come to think of it, so do I.


Back in the conservatory, the fresh tree, everybody's favorite, and always a Frasier Fir:



Our trees are a rag tag group, with a hodgepodge of ornaments, from home-made lovelies and uglies to Lenox and Waterford, from Dollar Tree to Lord & Taylor. Some are older than me, others are brand new. They all find space on a branch. No themes, no color-coordinated decorator beauties. Our trees hold memories, and lots of them.

I love to look at and admire beautifully and carefully decorated, themed or color-coordinated Christmas trees, but I love to live with Trees Gone Wild for my 12 days of the holiday.

And that Frasier Fir in the sunroom? It holds 1700 colored lights. Bling-Bling!
My husband Howard is a Christmas-lights junkie.

What is, or was, on your Christmas tree(s)?
A crazy jumbled slumgullion of glitter and gleam, or a carefully edited collection?


Now go visit Sue at It's A Very Cherry World! for more REDnesday posts; Sue is like me -- having a hard time letting go of Christmas. Don't worry Sue -- no need, we've still got a week until Epiphany!

And visit Susan, host of Outdoor Wednesday, as she lets us continue to post holiday greenery, both indoors AND out, on her lovely A Southern Daydreamer blog. Gorgeous photos! You can spend a lot of time in Susan's beautiful world!

****************************************************************
May peace enfold your home and family, may you rejoice in the rest of this Season of Joy, may your New Year be shiny, bright, and full of hopes and dreams, and may your Christmas trees always be full of your special type of Bling! -- Cass

0 Comments: