Lots happening on this Foodie and Hooked On Friday.
I am Hooked On a Giveaway, there's a cool summer salad for the Foodie crowd,
and I would like to kidnap you but don't worry -- not till next week!
To see what other bloggers are Hooked On today, visit Julia's Hooked On Houses blog. There's a link to the Hooked On party at the end of the post, and a Foodie Friday link right after the Giveaway.
***************************************************
The second That Old House giveaway is . . .
Let me show you. Step into the dining room; it's a little dark, sorry.
Don't look now, but nights are falling a bit more quickly than they did 2 months ago.
Don't look now, but nights are falling a bit more quickly than they did 2 months ago.
Two things, both from French General.
A book, Home Sewn:
French General is a home decor shop that was hatched in New York's Hudson Valley,
migrated south to New York City, and then packed up its wares
and moved to Beverly. Hills, that is. Swimming pools, movie stars.
Well, Los Angeles, anyway. The shop has grown beyond its four walls, and
has expanded way beyond its origins selling vintage French fabrics and other things Gallic.
I'm not sure what all they have now, but it's lots.
Back to my point: I'm giving away a brand new copy of
French General's Home Sewn.
A peek inside the book. It is a luscious-looking book.
On the inside cover, an envelope of pattern pieces:
Cushions and pillows:
And my favorite:
Sadly, the chicken does not come with the book.
If it did, I'd be keeping it.
Should that chicken be nervous at being held by a woman wearing a Butcher's Apron?
But wait! There's more!
A set of Ginsu knives. . . .
No. I lie. It's a box of stationery:
No. I lie. It's a box of stationery:
It is unopened. (You could even re-gift it, but you didn't hear that from me.)
The papers are based on vintage French fabrics. So lovely!
The papers are based on vintage French fabrics. So lovely!
Just leave a comment on this blog post by Sunday night, August 9th, at midnight, EDT.
We'll let the computer pick a number, and I will announce a winner on Monday morning.
(And yes, I'll send to Canada.)
***************************************************************
Now next week, I am going to take you on a mystery trip.
I'll pack you all in the minivan, my glamorous vehicle.
Highways . . .


It's my Foodie Friday offering. Check out Designs by Gollum for more Friday Food. Ummm... click here!
I've had corn in salad, but never had corn as the featured ingredient before. It's delicious! Next time you make corn on the cob, cook a few extra ears, cut off the kernels, and try this:
That's if you come back next week for our mystery trip.

We'll let the computer pick a number, and I will announce a winner on Monday morning.
(And yes, I'll send to Canada.)
***************************************************************
Now next week, I am going to take you on a mystery trip.
I'll pack you all in the minivan, my glamorous vehicle.
Highways . . .
And some little faces waiting for us in a window. Can you count three black noses?
Look carefully!
Look carefully!
Miss Frances Rose is being coy. Or, her sisters are hogging the window.
They will greet us at the garden gate when we arrive.
There will be lots to see on our Mystery Trip, including
They will greet us at the garden gate when we arrive.
There will be lots to see on our Mystery Trip, including
flowers -- loads of flowers!
And a delicious summertime lunch, including this:
Summer Corn Salad!
It's my Foodie Friday offering. Check out Designs by Gollum for more Friday Food. Ummm... click here!I've had corn in salad, but never had corn as the featured ingredient before. It's delicious! Next time you make corn on the cob, cook a few extra ears, cut off the kernels, and try this:
- corn, sliced off several ears
- grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 sweet onion, finely diced
- some diced peeled cucumber
- diced red or yellow sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or fresh cilantro (try the cilantro -- it's great!)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste, and a pinch of sugar
That's if you come back next week for our mystery trip.
Miss Frances Rose wants you to come.
How can you disappoint her? Don't you want to meet her?
Now remember that I am Hooked On my giveaway, but others are hooked on all sorts of things.
Click here to see what other bloggers are Hooked On, at Julia's lovely blog.
If you leave a comment but don't want to participate in the giveaway, no problem-o (I think that is French). Just write "No thanks" and I won't count your comment as an entry. Oooh lah lah! Have a lovely Friday! -- Cass
Now remember that I am Hooked On my giveaway, but others are hooked on all sorts of things.
Click here to see what other bloggers are Hooked On, at Julia's lovely blog.
If you leave a comment but don't want to participate in the giveaway, no problem-o (I think that is French). Just write "No thanks" and I won't count your comment as an entry. Oooh lah lah! Have a lovely Friday! -- Cass

0 Comments:
Post a Comment