Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Small Outdoors, at That Old House

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do.
I'm half crazy, all for the love of you. . . .


It's daisies on Outdoor Wednesday!

Thanks to Susan at A Southern Daydreamer, who dreamed up Outdoor Wednesday, and now has billions of participants. You can see other outdoor stories, including gorgeous garden shots that make me green with envy, by clicking here!

***********************************************

We inherited some lovely perennials when we bought That Old House last year, and this summer
they've popped up bigger and better and are fiercely slugging it out for space in the borders:


At the top of the stone wall behind the house, there are daylilies:


Sedum:


and ... daisies!


The daylilies started their lovely long display a couple of weeks ago.


The Sedum are working up to their autumn splendor.


The daisies are just beginning to bloom:


And I chopped their first blossoms right off, to bring inside!
But I left the freeloading critter outside. I am not sure who he is,
or what he is up to, but I suspect he's up to no good!


Yesterday, on the clearance table at Pier One, I found a darling old-fashioned looking vase.
It is an ear of corn, done in great, murky, Arts & Crafts-y colors:


And now it has fulfilled its destiny:


What more could anyone ask for?

Did you notice the "real life" part of this post? Weeds!
They are to our garden what dust is to our house --- our most prolific product!

Now get outside and enjoy your very own Outdoor Wednesday! -- Cass

P.S. My daughter Anne was today's photographer. Thanks!

0 Comments: