Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Roasted Green Beans

I love to roast vegetables, whether its brussel sprouts, parsnip, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, pumpkin seeds, acorn squash or a medley of vegetables for pasta sauce. I love raw veggies, but these is just something about the amazing flavour roasting gives, as well as the different texture, that just makes for a great side dish.

This week I saw these super vibrant and crunchy green beans at the vegetable market and I just knew that I had to roast them.

When you roast green beans, they almost have the same texture as french fries - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.

I served it alongside Greek flavoured chicken (the same kind I used in the Greek Chicken Omelette), as well as simple mushrooms sauteed in butter (a personal childhood favorite)

What you'll need:
Green Beans
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Wash the green beans and snap the ends off. If I'm doing a big batch, I like to sit down with the bowl and snap the ends off while watching tv. Multi-tasking :)

Toss the green beans lightly in olive oil and then lay on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once halfway through.

I loved these so much that I could made them every night this week.

Simple. Easy. Delicious.

Printable Version

0 Comments: