Monday, April 11, 2011

A Lovely Weekend Walk

The weather was gorgeous here in Toronto over the weekend and we just couldn't resist heading out to enjoy it. The second that the boyfriend mentioned a w-a-l-k to Whiskey, he was bouncing around ready to go.

Can you see the desperation in his eyes as he waits for me to lace up my shoes?

I couldn't remember the last time that I was outside in just capris and a light jacket. It felt so great to be heading back towards good weather.

This is a demonstration of how I get Whiskey to jump up to my shoulders. He jumps to my bent knees, then climbs up to my shoulders while I hold on, just in case. Its my favorite way to get a hug from the puppy :)

I oohed and ahhed at every sign of spring that we saw. The little pops of colour gave me so much hope for what is still to come!

We decided to walk around the Trinity Bellwoods/Little Italy area of Toronto, which of course meant we had to stop into one of the fun little cafes and grab a coffee to go.



As the non-coffee drinker in the relationship, I was happy to stay outside with Whiskey and admire some of the fun motorcycles and convertibles that were making appearances again. Any sign that I see of warmer weather is welcomed with open arms. I am counting down the days to Flip Flop season.

With coffee in hand, our walk continued!

Whiskey was fascinated with all the other dogs outside to play sniff bark at.

Any attempts to discipline him were thwarted by his cuteness.

As we walked around this neighbourhood I kept falling in love with some of the older homes.

I loved the porch, double front doors and big vintage light fixture on this one.

And there were more little flowers outside of it too!

As we came into Little Italy, I saw one of my favorite little bistros. They have a great outdoor patio (perfect to people watching) and I can't wait for the weather to get nicer for patio season. Its one of the highlights of Toronto. We're such die hards about it here that most of the patios in Little Italy were packed already despite the fact that it is only the beginning of April!

Another favorite fixture of Little Italy is the Pink Twig Floral Boutique. They made gorgeous arrangements that are the perfect hostess gifts or birthday presents.

I love walking by and seeing what creative goodies they have for sale.

Later in the evening, we headed out to the movies to see "Hanna" and decided to stop by a little park on the East side of the city. Its amazing how much quieter it is when you get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and just enjoy the peaceful sound of waves crashing along the shore of Lake Ontario.

The breeze was nice and cool as we walked along the large concrete break wall.

For dinner we grabbed some burgers from The Acme Burger Company for a little impromptu picnic down by the water.

They weren't too bad, but there was a lot of bun and little meat. I prefer a better burger to bun ratio.

From the rocks we could see downtown Toronto in the distance.

We were only 20 minutes away but it seemed like it was impossibly far. As the air got cooler, we started heading back to the big city that was calling us home.

It was a nice end to a wonderful weekend with my two favorite guys. Just being back at work now makes me wish that it was Friday already so that we can have another nice weekend outdoors!

0 Comments: